WHY REINFORCEMENT COUPLER?
Conventional reinforcement connection methods such as overlapping and welding don’t satisfy the need of overcoming the ever-increasing technical difficulties in construction industry any more. In spite of this Coupled Joint Systems, a product of modern technology, reduce the costs and provide a more successful structural integrity. The low cost Reinforcement Couplers will speed up your project and bring in competence. Regnum Mechanical Reinforcement Couplers provide solutions for construction reinforcement bundles such as overlapping and welding.
Our strategy is offering more affordable and extremely safe rebar inserts as compared to the options of overlapping and welding. Regnum Mechanical Couplersand the equipment are economic, safe, designer-friendly and easy to implement. In brief, REGNUM provides matchless benefits and higher earnings to its customers!
Coupled joint system has innumerable benefits. We can list its main benefits as follows:
• Overlay method requires concrete for load transfer. In addition, when the reinforcement reaches the zone of leakage and its diameter changes, clamping ends and the joint doesn’t work. In coupled joints on the other hand, such lock in is not required and the joint continues to take up load until the tensile strength. It delivers outstanding performance at cold joints formed between the floor columns.
• Provides uninterrupted structural continuity due to having higher strength than reinforcement. In this way, it offers static advantages especially in multi-storey buildings.
• Eliminates the problems of time and labor loss, formation of air voids at the joints and exceeding the percentage ratio. Reduces reinforcement density at joints zones.
• Reduction of reinforcement density increases architectural strength and this helps the design of small columns and increases the living space.
• It lowers the amount of reinforcement consumed in the project in such a way that this saving cannot be provided by any other item. It offers significant advantage in terms of purchase, logistics and in-field storage of reinforcement.
• Shortens project time by reducing worker and crane usage times and offers cost advantages.
• Allows rebar assembly without the need for lapping.
• Reduces the quality control frequency and provides quick and easy joining during assembly with no question marks.
• Quality control can be done easily with the existing test methods.
• Coupled joints have facilitated construction of heavy reinforcement systems with high strength values all over the world.
• Ensures continuity of reinforcement in top-down manufacturing used in subway and top-down projects.
• For these reasons, Turkish Construction Standard TS500 requires it to be used for diameters above 30 mm.
• Mechanical Couplers enable to get free from various calculations in overlapping and potential calculation errors.
• One of the biggest problems expressed by the employees in the construction site is that the concrete is not placed well in the structural elements due to the reinforcement frequency. The maximum percentage allowed by ACI 318-95 and TS500 are 8% and 6% respectively (TS allows this value only at the column-beam overlap point). Mechanical Couplers remove the overlap insert so that there is no coupling lengths and the percentage remains within bounds. However, it is more comfortable to place the concrete with the decrease of the reinforcement frequency.
• Reduces transportation, stock and crane costs.
• Since the early completion of rough construction will shorten the construction time, putting the structure into service earlier provides economic advantage. Since the reinforcement workmanship, number of ironsmiths and crane density are reduced, working environment will be calmer, safer and controlled.
• Mechanical Coupler ensures transfer of the load on the reinforcement on the same axis independent of concrete and ambient conditions. In seismic applications, mechanical couplers ensure the whole continuity of reinforcement when the reinforcement transits to a non-elastic state.
• Plastic interlock zone often breaks the requirements for insertion standards. Since mechanical fasteners can be easily moved out of their high tension zones, [they] ensure the integrity of the reinforcement without insertions in these zones.
• In regions where the weather is cold and causes crack formation in the concrete, on the shores and where the cross section of the concrete receives a blow, the concrete covering the overlap insert doesn’t function. Thus, interlock length of the reinforcement becomes dysfunctional and the reinforcement doesn’t work. Mechanical couplers ensure the continuity of reinforcements independently of this situation.
• Due to the increasing construction complexities and design requirements in recent years, the need for a more efficient joining (coupling) system is more apparent. Use of reinforced concrete reinforcement couplers can simplify the design and production of reinforced concrete and reduce the amount of required reinforcement.
Advantages of reinforced couplers over embedded connections:
• Blockage of reinforcement bars with reinforced inserts affects the integrity of the structure. This can be prevented by using high strength Regnum Couplers .
• Size of the zones with decreased concrete and floor areas are maximized and thus, the value of the building increases especially in the main areas of progress.
• Bearing the upholstered joint loads fully depends on adherence of the surrounding concrete. Deterioration of concrete may affect the performance of the joint.
• Bars can be coupled with Regnum Couplers by using a coupler and this can prevent the mold to be damaged.
• Provides material and cost savings because less steel is used.
• Creates a greener and lighter building. Compatible with Leed Certificates.